Home > Kids - 'Go for your life' > Program links > Early Childhood Services
Early childhood services
Early childhood services are important places where children learn to develop healthy eating and active play habits for life. Every kindergarten, child care centre and family day care schemes can make a difference to the health of children by supporting the six healthy messages of Kids - 'Go for your life' and joining the Kids - 'Go for your life' Award Program.
The six healthy messages
The Kids - 'Go for your life' six healthy eating and active play messages have been selected as key habits to improve the health of Victorian children. Read more...
Make a difference to children’s health
Join the Award Program
- There are many important reasons (51kb, pdf) to promote these healthy behaviours.
- Early childhood is a critical period for social, emotional, physical and cognitive development. Establishing healthy eating and active play in early childhood provides has significant health consequences (99kb, pdf) for lifelong health.
- Creating healthy habits in children requires action from the whole community. Services can make a difference (210kb, pdf) to children’s health by creating healthy settings that support healthy eating and active play.
- Support the healthy messages by joining the Award Program and getting involved in the healthy message campaign.
Make healthy eating and active play a positive, normal and easy part of every child’s day by joining the Award Program. Every Victorian kindergarten, childcare centre and family day care scheme can sign up for the free program.
Member services are provided with:
Find out more about the award program and get answers to frequently asked questions.
- A simple guide to create a healthier environment for children.
- Free support materials including a starter pack, member CD, posters, family tip sheets, newsletter inserts and more.
- Membership certificate.
For health professionals
For further information about the Award Program in early childhood services please contact Kids - 'Go for your life' on 1300 73 98 99 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org